Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why doesn’t Bow Valley College have a campus UPass?

Bow Valley College does not have a UPass due to the high use of transit by BVC students. At post-secondary institutions that have a transit pass, all students pay for the pass, but only 40 percent – 60 percent of students use the pass.

Projected transit use at Bow Valley College is over 90 percent. However, many students are eligible for a low income transit pass. You can find details on the pass here:

Q: Where are the fitness facilities on campus for students?

There are no fitness facilities for students on campus. SABVC is very much opposed to this and we will continue to advocate to the College on the need for fitness facilities for students. In the meantime, SABVC hosts regular yoga, dance and fitness classes for students!  

Q: How can I be a part of Student Council?

There are many ways to be part of Student Council.

SABVC will be holding elections for the 12 councillor positions during the month of September. You can pick up a nomination package and be part of the board that governs the Association.

If you would like more commitment, SABVC holds executive elections in March. There are four positions available.

Finally, SABVC welcomes all students to attend our SABVC meetings, which happen twice per month. Meetings occur every second Thursday. Contact SABVC for the next meeting date.

Q: If I miss New Student Orientation (NSO), can I come to the SABVC office on another day and get the free giveaways?

Giveaways for NSO are not available after the NSO day has concluded.

Q: Can I get help from SABVC with my resume, cover letter, application forms, and/or tax returns?

You can access help with these things from Learner Success Services

Q: Does SABVC Provide Off Campus Housing?

While there is no off-campus housing, we have partnered with Places4Students to provide our students with affordable housing listings

Q: Does SABVC offer any student awards? If it does, how do I apply?

We give away several student awards. You can apply for these awards by going through the College awards portal.

Q: I enjoy being a SABVC volunteer, but I want to be more involved with the Association. How can I do this?

The most immersive way for you to be involved with SABVC is to be an elected member. You can be a student councillor or an executive committee member.

Q: I have a complaint about an instructor. Can SABVC help me?

Absolutely, we can help guide you through the formal grievance process. Just contact our office or our VP of Internal Affairs.