Welcome to SABVC’s annual Health Me Up Fair! We know things are a little different this year, so for 2021, Health Me Up is entirely online.
Alberta Health Services
Links regarding sexual health from AHS:
- Using A Condom
- Using A Vaginal Condom
- Using A Dental Dam
- TED Talk: Sex Needs A New Metaphor
- How To Talk About Having Safer Sex
- COVID-19 And Sexual Health
- CBRC Sex & COVID-19 01
- CBRC Sex & COVID-19 02
- CBRC Sex & COVID-19 03
Important resources from AHS regarding substances:
- Alberta’s Response to the Opioid Crisis
- Community Sites Carrying Naloxone
- Fentanyl Exposure Protection Treatment Myths and Facts
- Pharmacies Carrying Naloxone Signs and Symptoms
Gallivan Student Health & Wellness
Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre
ABOUT THE CENTRE
The Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre exists to help vulnerable women and families thrive in the midst of challenges presented by pregnancy or a pregnancy-related decision.
As a non-profit agency, we offer assistance to anyone facing difficulties presented by pregnancy or a pregnancy-related decision. We have been caring for women, youth, and families since 1985. As a resource centre, we are here to answer questions, present options, and provide support through the decision-making process and beyond.
Each year we provide support and services to approximately 3,000 clients. We offer a safe place for clients, of all beliefs, cultures, and backgrounds, to discuss and evaluate pregnancy-related options, benefit from peer counselling, participate in classes, and receive clothing. Whether a woman chooses to parent, place for adoption, or terminate, there are services at CPCC for her: parenting, prenatal, and life-skills classes; adoption referrals; adoption and post-abortion emotional support groups, and/or individual peer counselling.
Partnering with dozens of agencies in Calgary and area, we also connect clients with necessary supports, including legal guidance, domestic violence safe houses, homeless shelters, Calgary Food Bank, etc. In 2019 we referred 571 clients to 89 different community agencies.
The Centre’s various Community Education programs assist parents and students alike. Focusing on mutually respectful relationships, the Take Charge@School program empowers students to make positive decisions regarding sexual health.
All services and classes are free of charge.
- DIGITAL Website: www.pregcare.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pregcare
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thecentre.yyc/
- YouTube: Calgary Pregnancy Care Centre
- Tonisha’s Story: https://youtu.be/F-AnHIDzq5E
- Cardelia’s Story: https://youtu.be/99OEa0sQyv4
- The Centre’s COVID Response: https://youtu.be/3LGZ-1xb0Oc